APPOINTMENT AS DEALER
As a Luimoto Dealer, you are responsible for promoting and purchasing Luimoto products and extending our goodwill to the best of your ability.
At Luimoto, we deliver the best service to our customers: both dealers and end-users. As an authorized Luimoto Dealer, we expect the same level of fine, fair service and courtesy from you through every channel of distribution.
DELIVERY FROM LUIMOTO
The dealer must note that due to the custom nature of Luimoto products, not all items are stocked at Luimoto. This information should be transparent with the dealer's customers and should be told orders could take up to two weeks to arrive. Dealers are responsible for notifying customers that orders may take up to two weeks.
All orders will be delivered using standard ground service unless otherwise requested. We use the best rate available through courier ground service. International orders are shipped via the Post Office, unless otherwise requested. The Luimoto Dealer is responsible for shipping charges.
Luimoto Dealers may order on a single unit basis (no minimums). However, if the Luimoto Dealer wishes to carry stock, larger orders will decrease the cost of shipping.
Quality is of the utmost importance to Luimoto. We inspect all products before shipment. On the rare occasion that a defective or damaged product is found, please contact us and we will handle the situation immediately.
If the Luimoto Dealer or customer mishandles the product once the product has arrived at the dealer then the product will not be accepted for an exchange.
See below regarding Minimum Advertised Price (MAP) policy.
Luimoto offers a wide range of products for most late model sport and super sport motorcycles. We realize it is difficult to carry a full stock. Our recommendation is to carry certain key models/styles for current models to make tie-in selling easier. Older or less popular models can be ordered separately as needed. Though recommended, ordering a stock is not required (an initial order of 3 products is required).
Payments must be made within 30 days of receipt of delivery. All late payments will be subject to an interest of 2% of the invoice amount per month. Collectors may be used to collect overdue invoices.
Minimum Advertised Price Policy
As the premier designer and manufacturer in motorcycle seat covers and accessories, Luimoto is proud of its role in contributing in making motorcycles more beautiful and comfortable throughout the world. Professional builders, enthusiasts and weekend warriors alike have embraced Luimoto seat covers and Gold Gel comfort kits to enhance their motorcycle experience.
We recognize that our high quality dealers invest time and resources to deliver an extraordinary customer experience through knowledgeable staff and compelling vendor presentation through a brick and mortar shop, or an online entity. To support our resellers’ efforts, Luimoto wishes to establish policies that allow resellers to earn profits necessary to maintain the high level of customer service customers have come to expect from Luimoto dealers.
To protect the investment of our high-quality dealers and Luimoto’s brand reputation for top-quality, premium products, we have unilaterally established a MINIMUM ADVERTISED PRICE POLICY (“MAP Policy”). Luimoto established this MAP Policy due to the fact that reseller advertising and sales practices that promote Luimoto products primarily on the basis of price could be detrimental to resellers’ service and support efforts and Luimoto’s competitive position. Such activities can be harmful to Luimoto’s brand, reputation and competitiveness, and allow some resellers to take advantage of the service and support efforts of others. Luimoto believes that these practices are unfair and thus discourages such efforts.
Luimoto, in its unilateral discretion, will not do business with any reseller, as to the products covered by this MAP Policy, if that reseller intentionally advertises any MAP Product below its MAP price. Luimoto is confident that this program will benefit of all resellers by strengthening competitiveness and will be uniformly enforced.
This MAP policy will become effective September 1st, 2014 and will apply to retailers, including physical, catalogs and internet retailers, who resell Luimoto products to end users. We greatly appreciate the efforts of all resellers to distribute our products and support their customers.
Official Policy and Guidelines
This MAP Policy shall work under the following guidelines:
- Luimoto reserves the right, in its unilateral discretion, to take other action with respect to any reseller that violates this MAP Policy.
- The MAP Policy will be enforced by Luimoto in its sole discretion.
- Luimoto recognizes that any authorized Luimoto account can make its own decisions to advertise and sell any Luimoto product at any price it chooses without consulting or advising Luimoto. Luimoto similarly has the right to make its own independent decision regarding product allocations and reseller participation as a member of the Luimoto Authorized Reseller Program – at any time.
- Current parts and price list will also serve as the MAP list and will be maintained by Luimoto. All items listed in the parts and price list (available to all dealers) will fall under this MAP Policy. Luimoto reserves the right to update or modify this list at any time without notice.
- All Products listed will have a MAP retail price. Listing a price other than the MAP retail price next to the featured MAP Product in any advertising will be viewed as a violation of this MAP Policy. This MAP Policy applies to all advertisement of MAP Products in any and all media, including, without limitation, flyers, posters, coupons, mailers, inserts, newspapers, magazines catalogs, mail order catalogs, internet or similar electronic media including websites, forums, email newsletters, email solicitations, television, radio, and public signage. Such website features as “Click for price”, automated “bounce – back” pricing e-mails, pre-formatted e-mail responses, forms, automatic price display for any items prior to being placed in a customer’s shopping cart, and other similar features are considered to be communications initiated by the reseller (rather than by the customer) and this constitutes “advertising” under this MAP Policy. This MAP Policy also applies to any activity which Luimoto determines, in its sole discretion, is designed or intended to circumvent the intent of this MAP Policy, such as solicitations for ‘group purchases’ and the like.
- It shall not be a violation of this MAP Policy to advertise in general that the reseller has “the lowest prices” or will match or beat its competitors’ prices, or to use similar phrases; so long as the reseller does not include any advertised price below MAP and otherwise complies with this MAP Policy.
- From time to time, Luimoto may permit resellers to advertise MAP Products at prices lower than the MAP retail price. In such events, Luimoto reserves the right to modify or suspend the MAP retail price with respect to the affected products for a specified period of time by providing advance notice to all resellers of such changes.
- Where Luimoto products are bundled with or sold as part of a package that includes other products (whether or not manufactured by Luimoto), it shall be a violation of this MAP Policy to sell or advertise the bundle (or package) at a price that: (a) is lower than the total Minimum Advertised Price of the Luimoto product or (b) violates the letter or spirit of the MAP Policy.
- Its shall be a violation of this MAP Policy to include in any advertising for Luimoto Products any additional discount, coupon, gift card, or incentive (whether in the form of a special event, promotion, term of doing business or otherwise) that translates into an immediate price reduction, where the cumulative effect would be to reduce the advertised price of any MAP Product below MAP.
- If a reseller with multiple store locations violates this MAP Policy at any particular store location, then Luimoto will consider this to be a violation by all of the reseller’s locations.
- Although resellers remain free to establish their own resale prices, Luimoto reserves the right to cancel all orders and indefinitely refuse to accept any new orders from any resellers following Luimoto’s verification that such reseller has advertised any MAP Products at a net retail sales price less that the then-current MAP retail price established by Luimoto, or if reseller has violated this policy in any other way.
- Luimoto’s sales representatives are NOT permitted to discuss this Policy or make any agreements or assurances with respect to Luimoto’s Policy regarding reseller advertising or pricing. This also includes any consumer program or promotion that affects the below-listed MAP Products.